Article <v6stt7$iv5t$1@solani.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6stt7$iv5t$1@solani.org>

From: Physfitfreak <physfitfreak@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.physics
Subject: Re: What Made My Day Today? :-)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2024 22:56:23 -0500
 <uv1q7c$a91m$1@solani.org> <uv1utu$ab30$2@solani.org>
 <uv9ajb$epr7$1@solani.org> <uv9b9d$f368$2@solani.org>
 <v0e7n4$7iv$5@solani.org> <v0e9lv$ac2$1@solani.org> <v0ea64$ac2$2@solani.org>
 <v0ed4o$ac2$4@solani.org> <v0ei59$e2a$1@solani.org>
 <v0je9j$31ta$2@solani.org> <v0m4j7$4djs$2@solani.org>
 <v0m5fq$4djs$3@solani.org> <v0sbbc$8442$1@solani.org>
 <v0tt8u$91t7$2@solani.org> <v0u2o1$8lj7$1@solani.org>
 <v0u7lj$3bjck$2@dont-email.me>
 <6632b34f$0$3711196$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com> <v10nqo$tlf$5@dont-email.me>
 <6634d516$0$6438$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com> <v1b8j1$3kv3$1@solani.org>
 <v2dfv1$gkjv$1@solani.org> <v309o5$q6o2$1@solani.org>
 <v30p8r$r3v2$1@solani.org> <v3b7qi$10381$1@solani.org>
 <v3dogs$11c9h$1@solani.org> <v45inp$1esia$1@solani.org>
 <v47ncu$1g81h$2@solani.org> <v4dqd0$1iner$1@solani.org>
 <v4i5a3$1l9o4$1@solani.org> <v5b6jb$22vdr$1@solani.org>
 <v67eq5$6ma2$1@solani.org> <v6i4a6$cja8$1@solani.org>

- Ok, ... so let's blow a few minutes in this blog. My day was made
today by going over a jewel of a book from a long time back which I
still keep. I was sorting my stuff in the attic to bring down the ones
that may melt in high heat. I noticed this book which was written by the
Iranian militia and published right after Iran-Iraq war ended in 1988.
The book is about the first two years of that war, not the whole 8 years.

Militia considers that war to have taken only two years, because Iraq
was defeated by then. The rest of that war was for political
considerations. Important as they were, still they were quite different
from reasons to conduct war in that first two years.

So I brought the book downstairs and began reading it again :) I even
had made a few notes in it, thankfully with pencil this time! Every note
I've made in my books from decades back, which were made by ball-point
pens have the ink diffused through the paper and turned into wide areas
of evenly water-colored looking shades on both sides of the page. Not a
single letter, let alone word, is left intact to be read.

Last time I had even noticed this book was about 40 years ago. Since
then it has been staying in boxes together with other books. It was not
something I would put on bookshelves, and I didn't think I'd ever want
to read it again. But I had kept it because record-wise, it was like a
depository of events in the first two years of that important war.

The material in it are nicely dated chronologically, and very well
written based on true understanding of stuff that those who weren't
there are impossible to even encounter.

Anyway, that made my day today.

It's been a long time Iran has not been in war. This is worrisome. It
isn't safe.

- Mossad is now saying the crowds in Israel that participate in
anti-genocide demonstrations are "Iran-backed" :) Hahhahhahh :-))) Guess
who told Nazis to say the same about the protests inside Naziland.

What lunatics were running that hellhole and the world didn't even know.

So any fuck up by Mossad is now "Iran-backed", huh? No, you're just
stupid and people didn't know it till now.

- Iran needs about 400 more airliners. Sanctions placed on Iran have
prevented the purchases. Recently Iran successfully reverse engineered
the engine that goes on such airliners and will soon build the planes'
bodies and other systems in them as well.

War is the mother of self-sufficiency. Iranians are good at that but
only when forced to.

That's what Saddam had forgotten about, when he thought he could easily
occupy the oil-rich regions of southwest Iran. He paid a very high price
for that mistake.

Iran's regular military force, after all the changes and confusion in
1980 that came with new regime, had been reduced to only 1.5 armies that
was still fully functional. That same stupid "Rohani" was pressing to
dismantle that also! He is on film, as a young cleric, advocating it in
the parliament. He has always been quite dumb to the point of dangerous;
not just later as president.

So that was all the military Iran had! And that was what threw Saddam
off. He attacked Iran with 12 armies, half of them mechanized to the
teeth, moving fast, and expecting to occupy and annex the entire
southwest Iran within just a couple of months. And he had the ok of all
sorts of Nazis in the world back then to do so, even numerous offers for
help. Their Mirage and Super Etendard jet-fighters were flown by French
themselves shooting Exocet missiles at Iranian targets. Nazis here were
supplying Saddam with chemical weapons, and providing him with war
intelligence gathered by geostationary satellites. Soviets were having a
ball selling Saddam every aircraft and tank, etc, that he needed.

Oh, they were all so certain of what they were doing. The whole world,
not just Saddam.

But!...

Iran had created the militia who had fought separatist Kords farther
north on the west parts of Iran successfully for two hard years, plus
Iran's regular military by then as a result of that same mini-war knew
how to repair a lot of war equipment and bring them to functioning
level. They had learned all that in that war with the Kords.

And this was not all at all! Saddam and all his friends and supporters
had missed something, and that was the real reason that they lost the war.

Those areas down there in southwest Iran are flat, like Texas. War
equipment have a ball driving through them at any speed they want. Very
different from areas that Kords had to fight Iranian military and
militia, which were all mountains and hard to move around in.

So the mechanized armies of Iraq quickly and rather easily defeated what
little Iranian military they encountered on their ways and came forward
and manage to occupy Khorramshahr in a somewhat half-assed way because
Iranian forces were mainly planning and preparing for the new kind of
war now on flat surfaces during those weeks.

But see what happened. Iraqis never got past Khorramshahr! Their efforts
to capture Ahvaz failed, and they went for smaller cities from then on,
and failed there as well. Then they were defeated inside Khorramshahr
itself and fled out and eventually retreated to areas behind their
borders. From then on the war took the punishing nature to it. Iran
began to learn many different ways to inflict damage on structures as
well as personnel inside Iraq. That was when missiles were first built
and used.

So eventually they got kicked out. Just 1.5 armies of Iran against 12
armies of Iraq who were always equipped to their teeth and were getting
constant help by literally every country in the world!

So what happened?... Quite a rude awakening for Saddam and Iraqis in
general, and for all other neighbors of Iran as well as every
motherfucker Nazi criminal in Washington. No? How did that happen?

That's what made my day, baby :-) So I'm going to keep that for a bit later.

See, I don't know what war does to other people, but it builds Iranians.
It builds everything among them. It makes them stronger in every
respect. In fact, I'll celebrate that day when you Nazis make your move
to begin a war with Iran.

Every technological advance in Iran began from that 8 year war. They
only had 2 years of more or less sporadic war experience with Kords. And
before that, the only real war Iran had had, went more than a hundred
years back to the times of Abbas Mirza who fought Russian Empire and
lost Caucasian areas to them. Iran had had no other war since and was
utterly unprepared without really knowing it. Something like how Saudis
right now are.

So both the Kords' insurrection, followed by Saddam's mistake in
attacking Iran worked as blessings for Iran.

That's why I think another war is due. Iran needs it to refresh all such
skills and go beyond and get way stronger.

Now the reason why the world lost that war against Iran.

I mentioned that Saddam's occupation of Khorramshahr was "half-assed"
because Iraqi forces faced new realities there that nobody had
predicted. Iran's weak military had first been defeated and Iraqi forces
had moved all the way to the first big city, thinking anything they
wanted from that point on was candy.

But the surprise to them and the Nazis in Washington was that they
realized _people_ of Khorramshahr fought much better than Iran's army!
It was the people that defeated Iraqi forces. Every imaginable trick and
plot and traps and attacks were invented out of the blue by those people
to fuck up Saddam's forces inside Khorramshahr, to the extent that the
only reason for which the city was occupied to begin with, which was the
oil establishments of Abadan, stayed out of their reach... They couldn't
get there. And from then on, it was Iranians who were fucking Saddam's
men up, not vice versa.

This gave Iran time till army and the militia got really prepared and
made their moves on Saddam's forces