Article <v6tpor$3ih7q$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6tpor$3ih7q$3@dont-email.me>

From: zen cycle <funkmasterxx@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Google Groups
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2024 07:51:55 -0400

On 7/12/2024 7:36 AM, Eric Pozharski wrote:
> with <v6p6og$2idvu$1@dont-email.me> Zen Cycle wrote:

<snipped some>

>>> I'm not certain that occasional voluntary donations constitute "full
>>> fees for some of the work".
>> "especially when" is not a disqualifying caveat.
>
> That's for certain.  But does "voluntary donations" constitute "full
> fees"?

Likely not, but as I wrote "especially when" is not disqualifying

<snipped a bit more>

>> 3. Does the nonprofit derives an unfair advantage over others because
>> it does not have to comply with Wage & Hour Laws?
>> If ES relies exclusively on volunteer labor due to its non-profit
>> status, then it has a competitive advantage over an incorporated
>> for-profit business that is required to adhere to wage and labor laws,
>> so, yes.
>
> Let's make it clear.  I'm not arguing.  I don't influence either.  I'm
> asking for your competent opinion.
>
> Is 'one-man shop with voluntary donations' equivalent with 'enterprise
> relying on volunteer labor'?

That would be for the courts to decide. The test as it's written would
certainly allow a contestable case.

BTW - it's nice seeing a poster in here with an understanding and
respect for usenetiquette.