Article <v6traj$3imib$7@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6traj$3imib$7@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: DDD correctly emulated by HHH is correctly rejected as
 non-halting.
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2024 07:18:27 -0500

On 7/13/2024 2:53 AM, Mikko wrote:
> On 2024-07-12 14:32:28 +0000, Fred. Zwarts said:

>>> Fred was trying to get away with saying that when 1
>>> step of DDD is correctly emulated by HHH that 0 steps
>>> were emulated correctly.
>>>

>> Olcott has a problem with the English language.
>> I said that when a program needs 2 cycles of simulation, it is
>> incorrect to abort after 1 cycle and decide it is non-halting.
>> His problem seems to be that he thinks that skipping x86 instructions
>> in the simulation does not change the behaviour of a program.
>>
>> There are more situations where he seems to have a problem with the
>> English language. He thinks that everything greater than 2 equals
>> infinity. When a program has more than two recursions, he thinks it is
>> non-halting.
>>
>> It is very difficult to discuss with someone with such a poor
>> understanding of the English language, because he continuously twists
>> the meaning of words, both his own words as well as the words of his
>> opponents.
>
> I think he is less harmful that way. His lack of clarity and obvious
> twisting
> of the meaning of words reduce the risk that anyone would believe what he
> tries to say.

*This proves that every rebuttal is wrong somewhere*
No DDD instance of each HHH/DDD pair of the infinite set of
every HHH/DDD pair ever reaches past its own machine address of
0000216b and halts thus proving that every HHH is correct to
reject its input DDD as non-halting.

People disagree with this on the basis they they believe
that they can disagree with the x86 language. That is the
same as disagreeing with arithmetic, not allowed.