Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6vcnq$3v8ki$1@dont-email.me>

From: Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@nz.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: any way to completely disable Emacs eln-cache
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2024 02:21:46 -0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 12 Jul 2024 19:26:33 -0000 (UTC), Lew Pitcher wrote:

> Be careful; systemd-tmpfiles has been in the news recently,
> (see https://www.theregister.com/2024/06/20/systemd_2561_data_wipe_fix/
> ) because it can delete your home directory.

Here’s the current man page
<https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/latest/systemd-tmpfiles.html>:

    If this option is passed, all files and directories marked for
    creation by the tmpfiles.d/ files specified on the command line
    will be deleted. Specifically, this acts on all files and
    directories marked with f, F, d, D, v, q, Q, p, L, c, b, C, w, e.
    If this switch is used at least one tmpfiles.d/ file (or - for
    standard input) must be specified on the command line or the
    invocation will be refused, for safety reasons (as otherwise much
    of the installed system files might be removed).

Hard to see how that can delete anything you haven’t asked for.