Article <v78i51$p3pj$1@solani.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v78i51$p3pj$1@solani.org>

From: badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: People ask if the overpriced underpowered iPhone SE can
 compete with Android
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2024 13:49:21 -0000 (UTC)
 <v6pjio$2sqn$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v76qa0$o8h9$1@solani.org>
 <v78de0$1gj8$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
> badgolferman wrote on Tue, 16 Jul 2024 21:56:16 -0000 (UTC) :
>
>> In my opinion Tesla has Apple beaten when it comes to successful marketing.
>
> Hi badgolferman,
> You'll never hear me disagree with a sensible argument, nor will I disagree
> with your logic when I don't really know much about Tesla's marketing.
>
> Given how far behind Apple is in almost everything (except profits), I'd
> put Apple on the same marketing genius scale as Coca Cola & Virginia Slims.
>
> People buy based on what marketing tells them to buy; if Tesla is the same,
> then I'd agree with you on that logic - but I'm not familiar with Tesla's.
>
>> They single-handedly created a section of the automobile market that hardly
>> any one wants, made it seem like a luxury car, have more electrical
>> problems than British and German cars, and are about to be overtaken by
>> cheap Chinese cars. Teslas are pure junk but people want them for the cool
>> factor. Exhibit A: Cybertruck.
>
> Here, in California, Tesla was successful in convincing the wacko
> government to mandate electric cars - which - for a huge state like
> California is a big deal as they already successfully make it illegal to
> purchase a "new" vehicle out of state (based on CARB regulations).
>
> So even if you bought a used vehicle out of state, you can't register it in
> California (where they defined new as fewer than 7,500 miles as I recall).
>
> The problem I have with the electric car mandate is that they're basically
> mandating toy cars that pollute (in many ways) far more than ICE vehicles.
>
> So the net is more pollution (actually different pollution) and less
> functionality (e.g., range) such that you have to keep both a real car and
> one of these toy cars in order to have the same functionality as today.

No argument with your assessment of electric vehicles. It also looks like
the general public has finally wisened up to the toy aspect as well. These
vehicles can only become mainstream with government intervention, not on
their own merits.

>> At least Apple makes reliable products that work decently despite being
>> overpriced for what you get.
>
> I agree with any sensibly logical statement where more than half of the USA
> loves the Apple product so much that they gift Apple it huge profits.
>
> My main problem with Apple is how much they lie to their consumer, and my
> main problem with their consumer is how stupid they are in believing it.
>
> It's like when Virginia Slims was advertised as liberating women from men.
>
> But back to the topic, have you noticed I listed key functional & price
> differences between the iPhone SE and an el-cheap Android?
>
> What did the strange zealots do?
> Did the strange zealots debate the technical merits?
>
> Or did the strange zealots do everything they could to deflect the topic?

They want me to debate you on your claims but I’ve never claimed to be
knowledgeable enough to dispute the technical details related to mobile
phones. I’ll leave that up to those who have an axe to grind.