Article <v7cnh2$gp5$1@neodome.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v7cnh2$gp5$1@neodome.net>

From: Frankie <frankie@nospam.usa>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: phone migration
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2024 22:45:38 -0500

On 18/7/2024, badgolferman wrote:

> I asked the IT technician which phones are easier to migrate, iPhone or
> Android.  She told me they both have their idiosyncracies, but with the
> iPhone she can preload required apps and setup certain parameters
> before I ever show up to switch phones over.  With Androids you have to
> set up the user first before doing anything.

All the apps on the iPhone will be coming from a single App Store, whereas
the Android phone might have apps coming from anywhere, not just Google.

The iPhone owner will always have a privacy robbing account on the Apple
servers where an Android owner might not have that privacy robbing account.

However, most people have that privacy robbing server account - in which
case both Apple & Google make it easy to copy your old apps & their data.

If the Android user was intelligent enough to put all his data on the
sdcard, everything (even downloaded maps) works perfect on the new phone.

None of that is possible on iPhones because they can't do portable sd data.