Article <v7f19p$37c8h$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v7f19p$37c8h$1@dont-email.me>

From: =?UTF-8?B?QW5kcsOpIEcuIElzYWFr?= <agisaak@gm.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Who here understands that the last paragraph is Necessarily true?
 --- Self-Modifying Turing Machine
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2024 18:44:41 -0600
 <v721po$h4kr$1@dont-email.me> <v73td3$qkp2$6@dont-email.me>
 <v73tvs$qpi9$1@dont-email.me> <v74n81$13bn1$1@dont-email.me>
 <fafa57d75cf800c930c76530acd72148c77fff87@i2pn2.org>
 <v75ul2$19j7l$5@dont-email.me> <v77s2f$1o4oh$1@dont-email.me>
 <v78gi1$1rc43$6@dont-email.me> <v7d5r0$2t5hr$1@dont-email.me>
 <v7dsit$30pvh$4@dont-email.me>
 <16d10a0709c3c319cbb98138bb8937b4f7e9c563@i2pn2.org>
 <v7e2mn$3251t$1@dont-email.me>

On 2024-07-19 10:02, olcott wrote:

> A Self-Modifying Turing Machine is defined as a Turing
> Machine Description that has access to its own tape
> location on the UTM that is simulating it.

Umm. Maybe explain how that's supposed to work...

A TM has no idea whether it is being run directly or being run in a UTM.
And even if it is being run in a UTM, it certainly does NOT have access
to the machine description which is present on the UTM's tape.

There's lots of examples of UTMs available on the web. Maybe you should
actually try playing around with some of them so you can learn how
actual UTMs work. Hint: It's not how you think.

André

--
To email remove 'invalid' & replace 'gm' with well known Google mail
service.