Article <v7h5up$3mabh$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v7h5up$3mabh$3@dont-email.me>

From: "Paul.B.Andersen" <relativity@paulba.no>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Langevin's paradox again
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2024 22:21:41 +0200

Den 19.07.2024 22:51, skrev Richard Hachel:
> Le 19/07/2024 à 22:27, nospam@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder) a écrit :
>>
>> Some relativistic storage rings can be operated in single partcle mode.
>> And it is possible, easy in fact,
>> to detect each passing of the particle.
>> So yo can just read your (electronic) stopwatch
>> to measure the once-round the ring time,
>>
>> Jan
>
> That's not what I'm talking about, and I'm saddened that Paul B.
> Andersen, who is not an idiot, who is not a thug, who is not a bandit,
> does not do the effort to understand what I have been saying and why I
> have been saying it for 40 years.
> It is obvious that if I place a proton in a circular ring, I will have
> to calculate very precisely when the proton passes, and that this
> calculation can only be done by the laboratory watches.
>
> But if I could put a watch on the proton, and I asked it how long it
> takes to complete one revolution, the proton would tell me "much, much
> less time than the lab clocks say."
> This is called duration dilation.

The speed you have called "the real speed" is not the proper speed of
the proton, you really think that the speed (dx/dt) where t is the time
in the lab frame is 6947c. The fact that you think "the proton rotates
78 million times per second" shows that.

  | Den 27.03.2024 07:23, skrev Richard Hachel:
  |> Le 26/03/2024 à 21:45, "Paul B. Andersen" a écrit :
  |>>
  |>> You are claiming that the protons are going around the ≈ 27 km ring
  |>> ≈ 78 million times per second.
  |>> The real value is ≈ 11.25 thousand times per second.
  |>
  |> CERN physicists are doing their job.
  |> We have accustomed them to working at classic relativistic speed.
  |> So it makes sense that they find the speed they expect.
  |> I tell them that the proton rotates 78 million times per second,

You are saying that when the physicists who are operating the LHC
know that a proton has gone around the circuit once, it has really
gone around the circuit 78000000/11250 = 6933 times.

> Paul thinks I'm telling him that when the proton makes one revolution,
> in fact, it makes 6947 revolutions. This is absurd.

Yes, and yes.

> No one has ever said such stupidity.

Yes.

--