Article <v7hpsq$21vq$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v7hpsq$21vq$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: Andrew <andrew@spam.net>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: The facts show Apple is two generations behind Android in AI (artificial intelligence)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2024 01:56:42 -0000 (UTC)

Your Name wrote on Sun, 21 Jul 2024 11:13:09 +1200 :

> Ignoring the fact that AI is utterly useless and nothing more than
> another fad  gimmick ... Apple has a tendency to come in "late" and
> leapfrog everyone else with a much better version. When the iPhone was
> released, everyone else had to quickly play catch-up and lazily copied
> the iPhone (and many still do) with a sub-quality knock-off.

I'm never gonna disagree with a sensible point of view in that AI is
nothing more than a fad gimmick that, according to Forbes, Apple is two
generations behind Android (i.e., Google) on - so we agree on that.

However, we just might need to find a few more facts to back up your
assertion that Apple leapfrogs everyone after being behind for years.

How's Apple doing on leapfrogging everyone on their integrated 5G modem?
To be something like ten years behind in hardware is gonna be a big jump.

We long ago proved beyond a doubt that Apple's IC design teams are
incompetent (e.g., almost every Apple chip has unpatchable flaws).

But maybe Your Name used at least a single fact to base his opinion on.
Can you name even a single design that Apple successfully leapfrogged?