Article <v7icgj$8d7$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v7icgj$8d7$3@dont-email.me>

From: Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@nz.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: Crowdstrike fiasco
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2024 07:14:27 -0000 (UTC)

On 20 Jul 2024 18:42:21 GMT, rbowman wrote:

> Stated honestly a large part of my college statistics course involved
> determining how many widgets you need to test to insure only N% of the
> output is defective, where N is determined by the cost of repairing/
> replacing the defective widgets balanced against the QA costs.

A certain William Edwards Deming comes to mind. He was shunned (at least
to begin with) in his homeland of USA, but he found a willing audience for
his ideas on quality control in Japan. Which, if you remember, became an
economic powerhouse that took away so many manufacturing jobs from that
same USA.

Which is why Japan declared a national holiday in his honour.