Article <v7j4fn$42jt$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v7j4fn$42jt$2@dont-email.me>

From: -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: The facts show Apple is two generations behind Android in AI
 (artificial intelligence)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2024 10:03:35 -0400

On 7/21/24 1:29 AM, Andrew wrote:
> -hh wrote on Sat, 20 Jul 2024 22:10:06 -0400 :
>
>>> Name just one.
>>>                         We'll wait...
>>
>> Non sequitur.
>>
>> Because what is the origin of this claim that Apple can only be successful
>> in the marketplace if they do nothing less than �leapfrogging�?
>>
>>> HINT: These uneducated low-IQ religious zealots just make this stuff up.
>>
>> Which is why I asked you for a substantiating citation of what you�re
>> trying to use as a goalpost:  due diligence requires that you didn�t try to
>> disingenuously move said goalposts.
>
> What's important is that a belief system that is strongly held, and yet,
> isn't based on even a single fact - is referred to as purely religious.
>
> To wit:
> a. You clearly hold a very strong belief system about Apple superiority.
> b. And yet, your entire belief system is based on exactly zero facts.

On the contrary, the evidence is in the lack of news/drama when it comes
to product as deployed - the classical "it just works".

> It's classic for Dunning-Kruger people far to the left of Mount Stupid to
> claim a strongly held opinion they can't back up with even a single fact.
>
> Q: Name a single thing that the iPhone does that's better than Android?
> A: (we'll wait)

See: "It just works".  The ramifications of this as a developmental
discipline is to have V&V of new technologies *prior* to them being
sold, to make sure that they're actually work, reliably, in real world
fielded applications.  A concrete example of this is *not* adopting a
folding display screen that then subsequently fails/degrades in the
hands of customers.

And of course, Apple isn't perfectly infallible, for we can cite the
'butterfly' keyboard failures as an illustration of a mistake made: the
key thing is to have a corporate culture which minimizes the risks of
repeating of prior mistakes - which is indicative of why we've had to
refer to a failure in design from 2015 .. nearly a full decade ago.

-hh