Article <v7k343$9hng$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v7k343$9hng$2@dont-email.me>

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: phone migration
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2024 15:46:26 -0700
 <v7gqp2$3kern$1@dont-email.me> <lg2kusF3ldlU3@mid.individual.net>
 <v7h7q8$45p8$1@solani.org> <v7h8ts$3mq5c$2@dont-email.me>
 <xn0oojrog77xreu003@reader443.eternal-september.org>
 <v7ha0e$3mq7b$4@dont-email.me>
 <xn0oojs0q78fl2o004@reader443.eternal-september.org>
 <v7hlk4$3o9o2$1@dont-email.me> <lg3fieF7gruU3@mid.individual.net>
 <v7i6ld$bc5$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v7ilsv$5nsq$1@solani.org>
 <lg58eeFfsk7U1@mid.individual.net>
 <v7juni$mb9$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

On 2024-07-21 14:31, Andrew wrote:

>>> I have old installation programs which can no longer be installed on
>>> newer versions of Windows.
>>
>> I have old installation programs which can no longer be installed on
>> newer versions of macOS. Big fucking deal. And again, people transfer
>> their data (including every app and the home screen layout) from their
>> old iPhones to their new iPhones every single day - which little Arlen
>> says is supposedly impossible, and you are here siding with him like a
>> good little sheep.
>
> Let's not belabor that Jolly Roger brazenly lied that iMazing had the
> amazing power to create an old IPA out of thin air, even when that IPA is
> no longer on the App Store, and let's look at transferring data, shall we.

He never said that.

So let us by all means belabour the fact that Arlen just makes up straw men.

> Let's not talk about the easy data, such as your contacts and your images,
> which even the brain dead primitive iOS has no problem copying from A to B.
>
> Also, since most Apple users are iSheep, let's not worry about other data
> these ignorant Apple users store on the cloud such as calendar data.

Some people store calendar data in the cloud.

Some people store it only on their iPhone and it gets transferred to a
new iPhone without ever touching the cloud.

> Let's talk about all the data stored in all your apps, such as your map
> apps (such as OSMAnd) and your system-wide firewall settings, shall we?

Sure, why not?

Oh wait, you didn't say anything about it!

> Oh wait, the primitive dumb-terminal brain-dead iOS can do firewalls; so
> let's just look at the third-party (non-Google, non-Apple) map apps.

Oh, wait:

<https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=ios+firewall+apps&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>

> Take OSMAnd and/or Avenza and/or OuterSpatial and/or MagicEarth, etc.
> How do you bring over their data EXACTLY so that they're used the same?

Just start a migration; cloud-based or iPhone-to-iPhone direct.

> On Android, you simply bring the portable sd storage card over.
> Voila! All your data is EXACTLY where it was before on the old phone.

On iOS, you simply bring the new iPhone close to the old one...

> And you didn't have to store anything on someone else's server to do it.

As you don't on an iPhone if you don't want to.