Article <v7lrbd$m3vd$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v7lrbd$m3vd$1@dont-email.me>

From: -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: The facts show Apple is two generations behind Android in AI
 (artificial intelligence)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2024 10:46:05 -0400

On 7/21/24 10:32 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2024-07-21 19:29, Andrew wrote:
>> -hh wrote on Sun, 21 Jul 2024 19:06:21 -0400 :
>>
>>> But if that were true, then Apple would have gone totally out of
>>> business a decade ago, due to non-delivery and Reversion to the Mean.
>>
>> What you need to understand is that MARKETING is what Apple does best.
>> Not innovation.
>> Marketing.
>
> Says you.

The corner that "Andrew" has painted himself into is that if the only
thing that Apple does is have superior marketing, then that is the
answer to his "what innovation does Apple do better?" troll.

>> Just like marketing is what coca cola does. And Marlboro. And Chevron.
>> You think "Virginia Slims" were innovation?
>> Or New Coke?
>>
>> Apple is all marketing and almost no R&D.
>
> False.
>
> Apple spends more on R&D than all but three companies.

Plus Apple clearly does a lot of "Make or Buy" business assessments to
decide on where to prioritize their R&D investments.  This leads us back
to his belief that no one company can be successful unless they
personally invent and make every last component totally in-house, which
is totally absurd and followed by literally no one.  Likewise, his
apparent belief (also quite absurd) that every S&T project is always and
immediately fully successful as originally envisioned.

Reality for both is quite distant from these beliefs, which is why even
his attempts to worship Android fall far short of this vision, as
illustrated by how Android handset manufacturers *also* have had to
outsource their modem chips to Qualcomm rather than to invent & fab them
in-house like he's trying to ask of Apple.  Yeah, hypocritical.

As I said, it shows that "Andrew" has never professionally worked on any
technological development efforts ... except perhaps as their janitor.

-hh