Article <v7m8hp$p2ji$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v7m8hp$p2ji$1@dont-email.me>

From: Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: The facts show Apple is two generations behind Android
 in AI (artificial intelligence)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2024 18:31:21 -0000 (UTC)

Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
> Chris wrote on Mon, 22 Jul 2024 07:29:01 -0000 (UTC) :
>
>>> Please never forget I'm not stupid. Give me credit for being intelligent.
>>
>> And yet you don't acknowledge that badgolferman has come up with a good
>> example.
>
> I'm going to converse with you as if you own normal adult cognition, OK?
>
> Look again. I told badgolferman right away that he was the only one who
> suggested *anything* that the iPhone "leapfrogged" Android. I feted him.
>
> However, I also note that AirTags are NOT an iPhone feature; so we're still
> waiting for even a single iPhone feature that leapfrogged that of Android.

badgolfernan has already convinced of your misconception so I'll refer you
to him.

> Q: Name a single iPhone feature that you believe "leapfrogged" Android.
> A: ?

To repeat as you ignored it last time: AirPods (+ Pros) and FaceID. Android
equivalents for the airpods have since caught up, mostly, but not FaceID.
There's also the Automation/ShortCuts feature which doesn't have an
equivalent in android and includes the Geofencing functionality which you
lauded didn't exist.

Plus iphone security is currently uncrackable by the popular cracking tool
used by both law enforcement and others willing to pay the high fees:
https://www.techspot.com/news/103880-cellebrite-tools-cant-crack-iphones-running-ios-174.html

Android doesn't fare quite so well. For example, the Trump shooter had his
Samsung phone cracked:
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/techandscience/the-fbi-got-into-the-trump-rally-shooter-s-phone-in-just-40-minutes/ar-BB1qhMgY