Article <v7og8o$17h8r$8@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v7og8o$17h8r$8@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Analytic Truth-makers
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2024 09:55:20 -0500

On 7/23/2024 6:30 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> So you LIED when you said Goldbach's conjuecture could bve actually
>>> TRUE even if it could only be established to be true by an infinite
>>> sequence of truth preserving operations.
>>>

>> That you stupidly screw up the meaning of what I said in your own head
>> is your stupidity and not my dishonesty.
>
> So, what does it mean that it is analytic truth, if not that it is a truth?

L is the language of a formal mathematical system.
x is an expression of that language.

When we understand that True(L,x) means that there is a finite
sequence of truth preserving operations in L from the semantic
meaning of x to x in L, then mathematical incompleteness is abolished.

~True(L,x) ∧ ~True(L,~x)
means that x is not a truth-bearer in L.
It does not mean that L is incomplete