Article <v7prni$1j3e7$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v7prni$1j3e7$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Analytic Truth-makers
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2024 22:17:06 -0500

On 7/23/2024 10:03 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> You may say that, but you then refuse to do the work to actually do
>>> that.
>>>
>>> The problem is that if you try to redefine the foundation, you need
>>> to build the whole building all over again, but you just don't
>>> understand what you need to do that.

>>> Except you just defined that this isn't true, as you admit that the
>>> Goldbach conjecgture COULD be an analytic truth even if it doesn't
>>> have a finte sequence of truth perserving operations,
>>
>> I redefined analytic truth to account for that. Things
>> like the Goldbach conjecture are in the different class
>> of currently unknowable.
>
> In other words, NOTHING you are talking about apply to the logic that
> anyone else is using.
>
> Note, Godel's G can't be put into that category, as it is KNOWN to be
> true in PA, because of a proof in MM

You ONLY construe it to be true in PA because that is
the answer that you memorized.

When you understand that true requires a sequence of
truth preserving operations and they do not exist in
PA then it is not true in PA.

Memorizing a view and insisting that this view must
be correct because that is what you memorized is what
mindless robots would do.