Article <v7rt7c$9vte$3@solani.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v7rt7c$9vte$3@solani.org>

From: Mild Shock <janburse@fastmail.fm>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?Re:_G=c3=b6del's_Basic_Logic_Course_at_Notre_Dame_=28Was:?=
 =?UTF-8?Q?_Analytic_Truth-makers=29?=
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2024 23:54:52 +0200
 <v7naae$120r5$1@dont-email.me> <v7o64d$7r0l$1@solani.org>
 <v7ogdr$17h8r$9@dont-email.me> <v7p499$8bb2$5@solani.org>
 <v7p4mt$8bl4$1@solani.org> <v7ph81$1dv95$1@dont-email.me>
 <v7roel$9t9k$1@solani.org> <v7rp4t$1sv5t$1@dont-email.me>
 <v7rt6b$9vte$2@solani.org>

This view of a logic is extremply powerful.
For example we can already define a property
of a logic. For example we could say a logic

L is consistent, if it doesn't explode, i.e.
if it doesn't prove anything, i.e. if there
exists a sentences with is not in the logic:

L consistent :<=> exists A (A e S & ~(A e L))

Or take page 18 of the BLACK BOOK by
Chagrov & Zakharyaschev, Modal Logic - 1997
https://global.oup.com/academic/product/modal-logic-9780198537793

L has disjunction property :<=>
    (A v B e L <=> A e L v B e L)

Theorem: Classical logic does not have disjunction property

Proof: Classical logic has LEM, i.e. p v ~p e L,
but it is neither the case p e L nor ~p e L.

Q.E.D.