Article <v7tq4u$2auhe$4@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v7tq4u$2auhe$4@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Some bicycle paths...
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2024 11:14:38 -0400

On 7/25/2024 10:52 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 7/25/2024 9:41 AM, Catrike Ryder wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 Jul 2024 08:45:34 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
>>
>>> That was indeed a factor in my purchase 15 years ago. Did I
>>> absolutely need a rifle? No. But the price was right and the
>>> 'drives some jerks to distraction' factor was part of it.
>>
>> That's the only reason I bought a 20 rd mag for one of my handguns. I
>> checked it out at a gun range and put it away empty in a drawer under
>> my socks. I don't need a "practical" reason to own or to do something.
>
> Same thought process as my 1963 steel Huret Svelto derailleur on my
> titanium bike. Shifts fine (& extremely light compared to modern
> changers) and just makes peoples' heads explode.

Purposely striving to irritate others seems like a weird and childish
motivation.

But at least with your Svelto, there's no societal negative. No school
systems have to spend tens of thousands of dollars to protect against
unauthorized Svelto derailleurs on school property. No taxes have to be
levied to hire more anti-Svelto security officers. No extra anti-Svelto
armor is needed by local police. No homes are damaged by drive-by Svelto
use. No anti-Svelto snipers need to be in attendance at political
rallies, etc.

--
- Frank Krygowski