Article <v80a2u$2rabc$4@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v80a2u$2rabc$4@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Hypothetical possibilities
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2024 08:58:54 -0500

On 7/26/2024 3:05 AM, Mikko wrote:
> On 2024-07-24 13:38:08 +0000, olcott said:

>>> Does the simulator that simulates the beginning and end of the
>>> simulated computation but skips a part in ghe middle belong to
>>> class (a) or class (b)?
>>>

>> That is off topic. I am only referring to  a sequence of
>> 1 to N x86 machine language instructions simulated according
>> to the x86 semantic meaning of these instructions.
>
> No, it isn't. Abortion of simulation is a deviation form x86 macine
> language semantics. What I ask about does not deviate more.

In other words you are saying that it is absolutely impossible
to make an x86 program that is an x86 emulator that correctly
emulates a finite number of instructions of non-terminating
input x86 machine code.

That seems to be a pretty stupid thing to say when you know
that I have shown you an x86 program that does do those things.