Article <v80f1r$2t0bk$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v80f1r$2t0bk$1@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Some bicycle paths...
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2024 11:23:37 -0400

On 7/26/2024 9:18 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 7/25/2024 10:21 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
>> On 7/25/2024 8:57 PM, John B. wrote:
>>>
>>> In  the beginning of this post there is a statement by Frankie
>>> "The guns I argue against are absolutely designed to kill people"
>>> And, as I've pointed out time after time  there are a multitude of
>>> firearms that have been built to kill people ranging, in the U.S. from
>>> the U.S. Musket Model 1795, Musket.
>>> Does Frankie condemn flint lock muskets?
>>
>> Nope. As a matter of generous compromise on my part, I think there
>> should be very few laws against flintlock muskets. You _might_ even be
>> able to convince me that open carry of flintlock musket is reasonable.
>>
>> Why? Mostly because of firing rate. But also because of a higher
>> required level of skill. I think few gang bangers and homicidal
>> maniacs can operate one. Trading every AR for a musket would seriously
>> cut the number of mass shootings.
>>
>> And after all, it was flintlock muskets that the writers of the second
>> amendment had in mind when they wrote it. AFAIK there's no evidence
>> that they envisioned 8 rounds in six seconds, or many dozens of rounds
>> into the bodies of little kids in a classroom.
>>
>>> Or to put it another way.... Frankie doesn't know what he is talking
>>> about.
>>
>> Translation: "Frank doesn't worship guns the way I do, so I'm going to
>> attack him with technical trivia."
>>
>> I'm saying AR-style guns have no practical value in civilian hands,
>> but they impose serious societal harm. You agree they have no
>> practical value, and you demonstrate that by not owning one.
>>
>> Why do your actions contradict your arguments?
>>

> Professionals use a Remington 700 or similar bolt action with a
> relatively slow potential rate of fire and at .30cal much less drop.
> You're still looking for a straw man which is easy to demolish.

I've been asking for truly practical applications of AR capabilities in
civilian hands, to show societal benefits that balance their obvious
societal detriments. There's no straw man involved.

Nobody here has been able to specify such practical benefits. Your
statement about bolt action guns helps my point, not yours.

--
- Frank Krygowski