Article <v80usp$2vjv9$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v80usp$2vjv9$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Paul.B.Andersen" <relativity@paulba.no>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Incorrect mathematical integration
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2024 21:54:09 +0200

Den 26.07.2024 18:14, skrev Richard Hachel:
> Le 26/07/2024 à 15:18, "Paul.B.Andersen" a écrit :

>> Richard Hachel's statement:
>> "The proton rotates 11.25 thousand times per second in
>>   the laboratory frame but 78 million times per second
>>   in the proton frame."
>> is quite genial, because it sums up Richard Hachel's
>> confusion and stupidity in one single sentence!

Everybody but ignoramuses will see why this is utter nonsense.
But since I am communicating with such a person, I will explain.

You repeated what I said:

>>> The proton only goes around once, and the time it takes, measured by
>>> the laboratory clock (which is actually TWO clocks A and B combined
>>> into one) is T = 90.0623 μs.

Right.
So the proton crossed the distance L = 27 km in the laboratory
reference frame in T = 90.0623 μs, and the speed in
the laboratory reference frame is v = L/T = 0.999999991·c

>>> But if I measure with the watch that the proton wears on his left
>>> wrist, I will measure a time of τ = 12.0727 ns.

Right again.
This is a trivial fact, disputed by no one.

>>> Thus, for the proton, the distance AB (in the laboratory reference
>>> frame) was crossed 7460 times faster
!!!!!! :-D

You say that the proton crossed the distance L = 27 km in
_the laboratory reference frame_ in τ = 12.0727 ns, thus is
the speed in the laboratory reference frame v = L/τ ≈ 7460·c

How do you think that the proton can have two different speeds
in the laboratory frame?

Of course it can't in the real world.

In the rest frame of the proton, the speed of the proton is zero!
It is the "laboratory" which is moving. And since it is moving
the length of the circuit will be Lorentz contracted.

Only an ignoramus like you will fail to understand that if
the speed of the proton in the lab frame is 0.999999991·c,
then the speed of the lab in the proton frame is 0.999999991·c.

Thus:

>> A hint:
>> Measured in the proton frame, the length of the ring is
>> L' = L/γ = 3.6193029490616624 m.
>> The proton is moving around the L' long ring in the time
>>   τ = T/γ = 12.072695243171824 ns
>> The very real speed of the lab relative to the proton is
>> v =  L'/τ = (L/γ)/(T/γ ) = L/T = 0.999999991·c
>>
>> Paul

No wining in French can save you, Richard.

--
Paul

https://paulba.no/