Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v82kea$3bv95$1@dont-email.me>

From: Peter Moylan <peter@pmoylan.org>
Newsgroups: sci.lang,alt.usage.english
Subject: Re: PTD was the most-respected of the AUE regulars ...
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2024 21:07:49 +1000

On 27/07/24 20:32, Steve Hayes wrote:

> [PTD] would pronounce that something someone else had said was
> wrong, when it wasn't and continue to insist on it even when several
> people had produced evbidence that it was true.

The Australian coat of arms shows a kangaroo and an emu holding a
shield. These two animals have something in common: they cannot walk
backwards. Their anatomy does not allow it.

That was PTD's problem. When caught in an error, he was completely
incapable of backing out. His only option was to dig a deeper hole.

He's the only person I've encountered with such a severe form of this
disability. Some others came close, but they got out of the impasse by
responding with a non sequitur.

--
Peter Moylan       peter@pmoylan.org    http://www.pmoylan.org
Newcastle, NSW