Article <v858r4$3t78k$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v858r4$3t78k$2@dont-email.me>

From: zen cycle <funkmasterxx@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Some bicycle paths...
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2024 07:08:20 -0400

On 7/27/2024 9:46 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Jul 2024 07:11:26 -0400, zen cycle
> <funkmasterxx@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Did you really read those? The theme is "Ooh, ARs are popular. And you
>>> _can_ use them for some hunting. Like wild boars, or Hawaiian goats."
>>> But about half the copy was about the downsides and how to mitigate them.
>>>
>>> "with hunting smaller animals with an AR-15 is that you must have a
>>> superior aim, and if you plan on eating your small game, the AR is not
>>> ideal for the takedown.... ARs for these animals are typically heavier
>>> than those built for small game, so you may need to experiment with
>>> different stocks for comfort... The standard .223/5.56 rounds are not
>>> ideal for large animals... some states don't allow deer hunting with
>>> .223 diameter bullets or an AR-15 rifle...the semi-auto action is more
>>> likely to malfunction than simpler action designs...A jammed AR-15 may
>>> require more steps to get it back in the game...the possibility that the
>>> detachable magazine could fall out during a hunt..."
>>>
>>> Overall, it's about the changes needed to make a silk purse out of a
>>> sow's ear. And still, I saw no mention of the great advantage of being
>>> able to empty a 30 round magazine in less than a minute while hunting.
>>>
>>> I guess that's because it's real value is hunting kids in a schoolroom,
>>> right?
>>>

>> yup, a few dead kids every six months is a small price to pay
>
> Well in 2019 you accepted some 612 child auto deaths,age 0 - 12
> inclusive, that is 306 ,every 6 months, without saying a word :-)
> https://seriousaccidents.com/blog/children-traffic-fatalities-by-year/

Well...that's a lie. I believe I responded that it's stupid and
desperate to compare auto deaths to gun deaths because cars aren't
designed to kill people, dumbass.

And there is continuing legislation every year, getting more and more
restrictive, regarding placement of children in approved car seats.

Did you actually read that article? I don't think so. Look at the chart,
It's a steady downward trend since 1975. Why? Things like increasing
restrictive car seat legislation.

Would you accept such increasingly restrictive gun legislation to
protect children? no, you wouldn't.

people like you, the kunich, the dumbass, and Andrew would argue that
legislation to protect children is overreaching and prevents innovation
(restrictive gun laws prevent innovation...lol).

So, it's stupid and desperate to compare automobile deaths with gun
deaths, because cars aren't designed to kill people. Print that out and
post it somewhere prominently visible from your keyboard the next time
you want to compare something like deaths from eating Chipotle to gun
deaths.

yeah, yeah, I know, you'll pull out the old 'negligent vehicle design'
of things like the corvair "but but but look at how many people died
from negligent car design!!!"...Before you do that, as you did with
child auto deaths, look at what's been done to prevent it.

your argument that the solution is less gun legislation makes as much
sense as saying cars would be safer with less restrictive DOT legislation.