Article <v85jig$3uupi$4@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v85jig$3uupi$4@dont-email.me>

From: AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Some bicycle paths...
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2024 09:11:29 -0500
 <cn63ajhof05ufg9beuuoksdar1uqqrj66k@4ax.com> <v7s82e$1va65$2@dont-email.me>
 <etc4ajp3jdeq2c6tmn73v98rq7ftuqddkm@4ax.com>
 <g1g4aj90e4codctdhummefsm8okc8dkt45@4ax.com>
 <h0j4aj5g5l4hq49o71uhmh6adagrf348q0@4ax.com>
 <v0r5ajp1mu2d29csdad8gg2bru7gi0femi@4ax.com> <v7v4oa$2lkdi$5@dont-email.me>
 <52m6ajhqde6dq5ml6n5c3tat7er7pudbm2@4ax.com>
 <ihd8ajl9cjkf0uhael6vla27f0u2v057fi@4ax.com> <v81f8b$31pcq$6@dont-email.me>
 <v82kkv$3bfnc$2@dont-email.me> <ce8bajlqvv9e3npmiotn69gh0ka3utbp26@4ax.com>
 <v858r4$3t78k$2@dont-email.me>

On 7/28/2024 6:08 AM, zen cycle wrote:
> On 7/27/2024 9:46 PM, John B. wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Jul 2024 07:11:26 -0400, zen cycle
>> <funkmasterxx@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> yup, a few dead kids every six months is a small price to
>>> pay
>>
>> Well in 2019 you accepted some 612 child auto deaths,age 0
>> - 12
>> inclusive, that is 306 ,every 6 months, without saying a
>> word :-)
>> https://seriousaccidents.com/blog/children-traffic-fatalities-by-year/
>>

> Well...that's a lie. I believe I responded that it's stupid
> and desperate to compare auto deaths to gun deaths because
> cars aren't designed to kill people, dumbass.
>
> And there is continuing legislation every year, getting more
> and more restrictive, regarding placement of children in
> approved car seats.
>
> Did you actually read that article? I don't think so. Look
> at the chart, It's a steady downward trend since 1975. Why?
> Things like increasing restrictive car seat legislation.
>
> Would you accept such increasingly restrictive gun
> legislation to protect children? no, you wouldn't.
>
> people like you, the kunich, the dumbass, and Andrew would
> argue that legislation to protect children is overreaching
> and prevents innovation (restrictive gun laws prevent
> innovation...lol).
>
> So, it's stupid and desperate to compare automobile deaths
> with gun deaths, because cars aren't designed to kill
> people. Print that out and post it somewhere prominently
> visible from your keyboard the next time you want to compare
> something like deaths from eating Chipotle to gun deaths.
>
> yeah, yeah, I know, you'll pull out the old 'negligent
> vehicle design' of things like the corvair "but but but look
> at how many people died from negligent car
> design!!!"...Before you do that, as you did with child auto
> deaths, look at what's been done to prevent it.
>
> your argument that the solution is less gun legislation
> makes as much sense as saying cars would be safer with less
> restrictive DOT legislation.

'Corvair deficiencies' is a false trope and the Corvair
remains one of only two vehicles certified as safe by NHTSA
after extensive investigation.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/20/federal-study-refutes-naders-corvair-charges-july-20-1972-240609

Every feature breathlessly condemned by Mr Nader had been
changed for the 1965 model year, on the road in September
1964. Mr Nader first published in January, 1965.
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org