Article <v85pim$3t78k$7@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v85pim$3t78k$7@dont-email.me>

From: zen cycle <funkmasterxx@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Some bicycle paths...
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2024 11:53:58 -0400
 <v7r3r1$1nug0$1@dont-email.me> <v7r6v6$1q2ff$1@dont-email.me>
 <cn63ajhof05ufg9beuuoksdar1uqqrj66k@4ax.com> <v7s82e$1va65$2@dont-email.me>
 <etc4ajp3jdeq2c6tmn73v98rq7ftuqddkm@4ax.com>
 <g1g4aj90e4codctdhummefsm8okc8dkt45@4ax.com>
 <h0j4aj5g5l4hq49o71uhmh6adagrf348q0@4ax.com> <v7tktu$29r88$3@dont-email.me>
 <vvo4ajpca8kdg1td6ulshk7n7j1q2icvtl@4ax.com> <v7toqq$2arnn$1@dont-email.me>
 <v7tq4u$2auhe$4@dont-email.me> <kds4ajhouscrcitgric150lsec4ak8ho19@4ax.com>
 <v7u3tc$2cr61$2@dont-email.me> <v7u8v8$2dql1$3@dont-email.me>
 <v7v3bl$2lkdi$3@dont-email.me> <v807f4$2rh3h$1@dont-email.me>
 <v80r3n$2v4bh$2@dont-email.me> <v80s9v$2v1s1$1@dont-email.me>
 <v82l3k$3bfnc$3@dont-email.me> <v82qhk$3cqj7$3@dont-email.me>
 <v858vf$3t78k$3@dont-email.me> <v85jl0$3uupi$5@dont-email.me>

On 7/28/2024 10:12 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 7/28/2024 6:10 AM, zen cycle wrote:

>>> Personally I think they are wrong on both counts but that hasn't
>>> stopped them from either.
>>
>> except when it comes to banning books in school libraries....You're
>> fine with that, but you're not fine with banning guns in schools. Gee
>> I wonder how many kids have died over the years from reading Catcher
>> in the Rye?
>
> You conflated limits on prurient materials to minor children in State
> funded facilities with 'book banning'.  Utterly different things.

No, it isn't. Book banning is book banning regardless of the motive or
source of funding for the materials. Nice try at defection, especially
considering much of the books being banned in school libraries aren't
'prurient' by even the loosest definition of 'prurient'. Books with
discussions on slavery and experiences of racism are hardly prurient,
yet you have made no distinction between those and books depicting
graphic sex.