Article <v8a6hn$uejg$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v8a6hn$uejg$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Fred. Zwarts" <F.Zwarts@HetNet.nl>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
Subject: Re: Any honest person that knows the x86 language can see...
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2024 09:59:49 +0200

Op 29.jul.2024 om 21:48 schreef olcott:
> On 7/29/2024 2:38 PM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:

>>> So you don't even know that infinite recursion is non-halting behavior.
>>> You can go back and try again on this same post I am not looking at
>>> anything else that you say.
>>
>> Non halting is only in your dreams. HHH that aborts halts. Dreams are
>> no substitute for logic.
>>

> void Infinite_Recursion()
> {
>    Infinite_Recursion();
> }
>
> In other words you are confirming that you
> honestly believe the above function halts?

No, as usual you are twisting my words. Further Infinite_Recursion is
irrelevant, because we are talking about a HHH that aborts, so its
simulation looks more like:

void Finite_Recursion (int N) {
   if (N > 0) Finite_Recursion (N - 1);
}

> Do you understand that Halts means terminates normally
> on its own without being forced to stop running?
>
> void Infinite_Loop()
> {
>    HERE: goto HERE;
> }

Irrelevant text ignored. HHH, when simulating itself, is simulating a
program that aborts after two cycles of recursion. So, when HHH is
simulated, no abort is needed.

Do you understand that Finite_Recursion halts after N recursions,
without a need to abort it?

> Do you understand that yanking the power cord out of
> the wall does not cause Infinite_Loop() to halt?

Do you understand that Finite_Recursion halts, even when the power cord
is not yanked out?