Article <v8b70p$146ld$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v8b70p$146ld$3@dont-email.me>

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.privacy
Subject: Re: Apple accused of underreporting suspected CSAM on its platforms
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2024 10:14:01 -0700
 <v7olut$19iie$1@dont-email.me> <lga8vfF8qq0U3@mid.individual.net>
 <v7q9vj$1l9co$1@dont-email.me>
 <v7qn3b$2hg0$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <lgcm26Fbd6U4@mid.individual.net>
 <v7rfko$18sp$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <lgda8oF3c6aU3@mid.individual.net>
 <v7tiln$2g2b$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v7u2gu$2co3l$1@dont-email.me> <lgfmvgFee44U1@mid.individual.net>
 <v7uduv$11n1$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v80bgk$2s7ns$1@dont-email.me>
 <v83f93$31ac$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v860er$1kea$1@dont-email.me> <v86141$j$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v87e4d$ckpm$1@dont-email.me>
 <v87u43$1kl6$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v88npo$j33d$8@dont-email.me> <v8943a$lrfd$1@dont-email.me>
 <v89858$jup0$14@dont-email.me> <v89b1n$mtmj$1@dont-email.me>
 <v89b9o$ms11$3@dont-email.me> <v8b69j$147sh$14@dont-email.me>

On 2024-07-30 10:01, Chips Loral wrote:
> Alan wrote:
>> The issue was indeed a bug
>

> https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/stop_apple_scanning_iphone_photos.html
>
> Apple’s new iPhone photo-scanning feature is a very controversial thing.
> You might want to consider the only current option to stop Apple from
> scanning your photos.

You're just showing your ignorance now.

1. There was a proposed Apple system for checking images that were to be
uploaded to Apple's iCloud system for photos and videos. That checking
was going to take place ON THE PHONE and it was only going to compare
images to KNOWN CSAM images. That system is what your "article" is
talking about.

2. That system was never actually implemented.

3. Long after that, someone noticed a network connection made by a piece
of software called "mediaanalysisd" (media analysis daemon) to an Apple
server, but that connection:

a. Was a GET that never actually sent any information TO the server.

b. Was clearly a bug, as it was removed during an OS update.