Article <v8c6kb$1de3l$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v8c6kb$1de3l$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Hypothetical possibilities --- stupid rebuttal ---
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2024 21:13:30 -0500

On 7/30/2024 8:21 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 7/30/24 2:42 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> I said it deviates form the x86 semantics. I didn't say whether it is
>>> incorrect to deviate from x86 semantics.
>>
>> The measure of DDD correctly emulated by HHH
>>     until HHH correctly determines that its emulated DDD would never
>>      stop running unless aborted...
>>
>> is that the emulation of DDD by HHH
>> *DOES NOT DEVIATE FROM THE X86 SEMANTICS*
>
> Which frst means it must emulate per the x86 semantics, which means

> the call to HHH must be followed by the emulation of the x86
> instructions of  HHH, not something else.

*The call to HHH HAS ALWAYS BEEN FREAKING FOLLOWED*
*by the emulation of the x86 instructions of HHH*

It seems best proven by this source-code
https://github.com/plolcott/x86utm/blob/master/Halt7.c

This level of detail was never required because we
could always see from the trace of DDD that it must
have been a call to an x86 emulator or we would
never have gotten to the first line of DDD again.

https://liarparadox.org/HHH(DDD)_Full_Trace.pdf
We can see from the first page of the trace on
page 38 of the file that DDD calls HHH(DDD) and
the next line is the address of HHH.

The next call to HHH from the emulated HHH emulating
DDD calling another HHH(DDD) is more complicated.
Each emulated instruction has a bunch of emulator
instructions inbetween.