Article <v8g513$26s53$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v8g513$26s53$2@dont-email.me>

From: "Fred. Zwarts" <F.Zwarts@HetNet.nl>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Any honest person that knows the x86 language can see... predict
 correctly
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2024 16:10:42 +0200
 <v8asse$12hr3$2@dont-email.me> <v8aukp$12grj$1@dont-email.me>
 <v8b00m$12ojm$1@dont-email.me> <v8bchs$15ai5$1@dont-email.me>
 <v8bh32$15une$1@dont-email.me>
 <d89f03c5a605f010ec3c83c50137b983dc85848e@i2pn2.org>
 <v8bl2j$16ibk$2@dont-email.me> <tiuiaj5jf0jqcfcfntko5hufisp8mb93bm@4ax.com>
 <v8bu91$18b7k$2@dont-email.me>
 <ddb7a467da20b6a6bd90aee9735a62ae68cac50e.camel@gmail.com>
 <v8f0ni$204k7$1@dont-email.me> <v8fehe$22ege$1@dont-email.me>
 <v8fssh$24rl1$5@dont-email.me> <v8g0l3$24u77$2@dont-email.me>
 <v8g14o$25l0a$9@dont-email.me>

Op 01.aug.2024 om 15:04 schreef olcott:
> On 8/1/2024 7:56 AM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:

>>> When HHH does what-ever-the-hell the x86 semantics specifies
>>> then HHH is correct.
>>>

>> But since HHH deviates from the semantics of the x86 language (by
>> skipping instructions of a halting  program) it is incorrect.
>>

> Only a freaking moron would believe that a non
> terminating input should be simulated forever.

We are not talking about your dreams of a non aborting HHH. We are
talking about an aborting HHH which terminates.
So, who is the freaking moron talking about non-terminating input?
Dreams are no substitute for fact or for logic.
Skipping the last cycle of the simulation of HHH, which aborts after two
cycles, is a deviation from the semantics of the x86 language.
But, you are a slow learner. Probably you will repeat the same error
another thousand times.