Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v8hsr2$m6t2$1@solani.org>

From: Mild Shock <janburse@fastmail.fm>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Subject: A Challenge for Fixpoint Lovers (Was: Biene Maya)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2024 08:03:14 +0200

Here is a challenge that might appeal
to all fixpoint lovers and non-classical
logic lovers. Althought I expect them

to be a rather rare species. Take the
Clark completion and the 3-valued semantics.
Then this logic program:

foo(n)
foo(s(X)) :- foo(X).

bar(n).
bar(s(X)) :- bar(X).
bar(w) :- \+ (foo(X), \+ bar(X)).

Here the quizz that makes up the challenge:

- Whats the least fixpoint of bar/1,
   giving bar a domain that makes
   bar bivalent?

- Does bar/1 have finite derivations, i.e.
   terminates, for each element taken
   from that domain?

Have Fun!

The exercise is inspired by this quote and paper:

"The finite stages (JnP)n<w have a computational meaning."
The theoretical foundations of LPTP
Robert F. Stärk - 1998
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0743106697100139