Article <v8i7t2$2oes9$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v8i7t2$2oes9$1@dont-email.me>

From: Mikko <mikko.levanto@iki.fi>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Relativistic aberration
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2024 12:12:02 +0300

On 2024-08-01 11:39:24 +0000, Richard Hachel said:

> Le 01/08/2024 à 11:32, "Paul.B.Andersen" a écrit :
>> Den 31.07.2024 17:10, skrev Richard Hachel:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure that everything went so well.
>>>
>>> It started with the equations of H.A. Lorentz, real complex and wrong
>>> blocks to find the right transformations.
>>>
>>> If Poincaré, the greatest mathematician in the world in 1905, who was
>>> not Breton, HIM, had not helped him, he would still be there.
>>>
>>> When the RR came out, 100 scientists proposed a manifesto, arguing that
>>> it was not all clear, and that there was obvious bullshit, and poorly
>>> explained. In particular the Langevin paradox which has NEVER been
>>> correctly explained, except by Richard Hachel and more than a hundred
>>> years after Poincaré.
>>
>> Since you mention the Langevin paradox:
>>
>> I have a version of said paradox which is a bit more down to Earth
>> than your examples use to be. I suppose your theory is valid in the real
>> world, so I would like you to give the correct explanation of
>> the version of Langevin paradox below:
>>
>> The triplets Ginette, Elise and Wanda are co-located on
>> the equator. They all have an atomic clock.
>>
>> Ginette are always stationary on the Equator.
>> Elise is travelling eastwards at low altitude in an aeroplane.
>> Wanda is travelling westwards at low altitude in an aeroplane.
>> Both are travelling once around Earth at equator.
>>
>> Note that the altitude is so low that the gravitational
>> blue shift can be ignored.
>>
>> From the time they are co-located, to they again are colocated
>> after Elise's and Wanda's journey, Ginette's clock shows that
>> the duration of their journey is τ_G = two sidereal days.
>>
>> Please find what the duration of the journey will be
>> measured by Elise and Wanda, τ_E and τ_W.
>
> For now, it is clear that we should not talk about such complex things.

I circle is the least complex way to go where you already were.

> I think that we will be able to do it later when HR is accepted, but
> not before.
> I sincerely think that we will find exactly the experimental results
> but without going through GR.

In the particular example one does not need GR. But there are very simple
situations that are hard to explain otherwise. For exmple: put two clocks
side by side on the floor and synchronize them. Then lift one of them and
put it on the table. Next day lift the other one and put it to the table
next to the first one. Record the difference in displayed times.

--
Mikko