Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v8m5a5$3kbok$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Who knows that DDD correctly simulated by HHH cannot possibly
 reach its own return instruction final state? BUT ONLY that DDD
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2024 15:52:21 -0500
 <v8lcir$3f6vr$4@dont-email.me> <v8ldcs$3fcgg$2@dont-email.me>
 <v8lem0$3ftpo$2@dont-email.me>
 <735401a612caec3eedb531311fd1e09b3d94521d@i2pn2.org>
 <v8lkdb$3h16a$1@dont-email.me>
 <5ee8b34a57f12b0630509183ffbd7c07804634b3@i2pn2.org>
 <v8ll4v$3h8m2$1@dont-email.me>
 <cbde765b8f9e769930b6c8589556907a41d9c256@i2pn2.org>
 <v8lm80$3h8m2$3@dont-email.me>
 <7295d80cad171cd65cc39845362189aa88adca4f@i2pn2.org>
 <v8lr4u$3iali$1@dont-email.me>
 <c949dfc8c7354f19a3a3d31325ee9847be91f333@i2pn2.org>
 <v8lt59$3iali$2@dont-email.me>
 <74c4fe66234c5332f4ec6032bc55cc6c5f038aee@i2pn2.org>
 <v8lv3a$3j30t$1@dont-email.me>
 <9fb36dd006e570bf987f882a8310bc13e8fc04a7@i2pn2.org>
 <v8m331$3ju7r$1@dont-email.me>
 <3ecbe8eddd0f3644c7045e937ccaf6ddc1cdb3a9@i2pn2.org>

On 8/3/2024 3:45 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> But only if HHH DOES correct emulation that never aborts.
>>>

>> The x86 semantics says that
>> *DDD correctly emulated by HHH*
>> *DDD correctly emulated by HHH*
>> never reaches its own halt state of
>> "return" in any finite
>> or infinite number of steps.
>
> Yes, but only for an HHH that corectly emulates its input, which means
> it never aborts, and only for the DDD that calls THAT HHH.

*No you damned liar it does not mean that*

It means that when 0 to infinity steps of DDD are
correctly emulated by its corresponding HHH not a
single DDD ever reaches its own halt state of "return".

This means that every HHH can take a wild guess that
its DDD does not halt and it would be correct because
we exhaustively covered every damn one of them.