Article <v8ma7d$obv4$3@solani.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v8ma7d$obv4$3@solani.org>

From: Mild Shock <janburse@fastmail.fm>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: bullshit bullshit bullshit (Re: Ok I made a joke, sorry)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2024 00:16:13 +0200

David Woodruff Smith writes:
 > And "cognitive science" has recently pursued
 > the relation of intentional mental activities
 > to neural processes in the brain.

I call this bullshit. He confuses cognitive
science with some sort of Neuroscience and/or
connectionist approaches.

Some broader working definition
of cognitive science is for example:

 > Cognitive science is an interdisciplinary
 > science that deals with the processing of
 > information in the context of perception,
 > thinking and decision-making processes,
 > both in humans and in animals or machines.

You see how much philosophy is behind.
David Woodruff Smith published the
paper in 2003? I don't think there are any

excuses for his nonsense definition.
Especially if one writes about pure form.
This is so idiotic.