Article <v8mchn$ojjb$1@solani.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v8mchn$ojjb$1@solani.org>

From: Mild Shock <janburse@fastmail.fm>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: The two rules (Was: Minimal Logics in the 2020's: A Meteoric Rise)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2024 00:55:52 +0200

Well we all know about this rule:

- Never ask a woman about her weight

- Never ask a woman about her age

There is a similar rule for philosophers:

- Never ask a philosopher what is cognitive science

- Never ask a philosopher what is formula-as-types

Explanation: They like to be the champions of
pure form like in this paper below, so they
don’t like other disciplines dealing with pure
form or even having pure form on the computer.

"Pure” logic, ontology, and phenomenology
David Woodruff Smith - Revue internationale de philosophie 2003/2
https://www.cairn.info/revue-internationale-de-philosophie-2003-2-page-21.htm