Article <v8o9k1$3pg$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v8o9k1$3pg$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: Andrew <andrew@spam.net>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: 1st test of Jolly Roger's claim that Apple mobile devices are NOT designed as dumb terminals only
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2024 16:18:09 -0000 (UTC)

Andrew wrote on Sun, 4 Aug 2024 01:57:10 -0000 (UTC) :

> Since I'm faithfully trying to test Jolly Roger's claim that an iOS device
> is NOT a dumb terminal that must connect to Cupertino's mainframes, I will
> set up the iTunes abomination on my Windows PC to see if that will work.

Jolly Roger brazenly lied.
The only other option is Jolly Roger is incredibly ignorant about how iOS works.

No other common consumer operating system is a dumb terminal which requires
connecting to Cupertino's mainframe servers just to set the thing up.

Only Apple operating systems just don't work without the Internet.

This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt...
a. The Apple zealots don't have a clue how iOS works.
b. Without the Internet, the iPad simply does not work.
c. The iOS device is designed as a dumb terminal.

 *can i set up ipad without internet?*
 <https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3147319?answerId=15511594022#15511594022>
 "Sorry, you need iTunes with an internet connection to activate the iPad."

 *Is it possible to set up an iPad without an internet (WiFi) connection?*
 <https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253426715?answerId=256411659022&sortBy=rank#256411659022>
 "No, because the activation lock check cannot be completed and that
  is the third step in manually setting up a device.  You need WiFi and an
  internet connection to complete activation of any new or erased device."

 *How can i skip choosing wi-fi network when setting up ipad?*
 <https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8444887?answerId=33576555022&sortBy=rank#33576555022>
 "You cannot. Every iOS device needs to be activated with Apple to use.
  That requires an internet connection to check for activation lock.
  You can use iTunes, WiFi or a cellular connection, but you cannot
  activate any iOS device without an internet connection"

 *Set up your iPhone or iPad*
 <https://support.apple.com/en-us/105132>
 [Because all iOS devices are designed as dumb terminals]...
 "You need to connect to a Wi-Fi network or a cellular network to
  activate and continue setting up your device."

Fancy that.
a. Jolly Roger brazenly lied. Again. (When does Jolly Roger NOT lie?)
b. Or, best case, Jolly Roger absolutely has no idea how iOS works.

Pick one, or both.