Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v919g6$3l4d5$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: HHH maps its input to the behavior specified by it --- never
 reaches its halt state
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2024 21:11:17 -0500
 <v8lcir$3f6vr$4@dont-email.me> <v8ldcs$3fcgg$2@dont-email.me>
 <v8lem0$3ftpo$2@dont-email.me>
 <735401a612caec3eedb531311fd1e09b3d94521d@i2pn2.org>
 <v8lkdb$3h16a$1@dont-email.me>
 <5ee8b34a57f12b0630509183ffbd7c07804634b3@i2pn2.org>
 <v8ll4v$3h8m2$1@dont-email.me>
 <cbde765b8f9e769930b6c8589556907a41d9c256@i2pn2.org>
 <v8lm80$3h8m2$3@dont-email.me> <v8n6mq$3tv07$3@dont-email.me>
 <v8o14v$30uf$1@dont-email.me>
 <950d4eed7965040e841a970d48d5b6f417ff43dc@i2pn2.org>
 <v8oj1n$6kik$3@dont-email.me> <v8pvke$ih0a$1@dont-email.me>
 <4-qdnbdw1JzlRS37nZ2dnZfqlJydnZ2d@giganews.com>
 <v8v7p3$29r2r$1@dont-email.me> <v8vub1$32fso$14@dont-email.me>
 <1e1fa9bc4bbc00aa65c1a7974bd1bda87687c92b@i2pn2.org>
 <v90di8$38oni$1@dont-email.me>
 <47a76378d634bf0db4017f879d0160793b57125e@i2pn2.org>
 <v9161o$3gaju$1@dont-email.me>
 <b84374e766c199e1ba38ef1dc3bc8f6ab2c39dfc@i2pn2.org>

On 8/7/2024 8:22 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> But it doesn't, as a correct simulation of a DDD that calls an HHH
>>> that returns will stop running,
>>
>> I really think that you must be a liar here because
>> you have known this for years:
>>
>> On 8/2/2024 11:32 PM, Jeff Barnett wrote:
>>  > ...In some formulations, there are specific states
>>  >    defined as "halting states" and the machine only
>>  >    halts if either the start state is a halt state...
>>
>>  > ...these and many other definitions all have
>>  >    equivalent computing prowess...
>>
>> Anyone that knows C knows that DDD correctly simulated
>> by any HHH cannot possibly reach its "return" {halt state}.
>>

> But the problem is that you HHH ODESN'T correctly emulate the DDD it is
> given, because it aborts its emulation.

Each HHH of every HHH that can possibly exist definitely
emulates zero to infinity instructions correctly. In
none of these cases does the emulated DDD ever reach
its "return" instruction halt state.

*There are no double-talk weasel words around this*
*There are no double-talk weasel words around this*
*There are no double-talk weasel words around this*

Ah you are finally beaten so that everyone can tell !!!