Article <v91ekr$3mikp$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v91ekr$3mikp$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: HHH maps its input to the behavior specified by it --- never
 reaches its halt state
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2024 22:39:07 -0500
 <v8lcir$3f6vr$4@dont-email.me> <v8ldcs$3fcgg$2@dont-email.me>
 <v8lem0$3ftpo$2@dont-email.me>
 <735401a612caec3eedb531311fd1e09b3d94521d@i2pn2.org>
 <v8lkdb$3h16a$1@dont-email.me>
 <5ee8b34a57f12b0630509183ffbd7c07804634b3@i2pn2.org>
 <v8ll4v$3h8m2$1@dont-email.me>
 <cbde765b8f9e769930b6c8589556907a41d9c256@i2pn2.org>
 <v8lm80$3h8m2$3@dont-email.me> <v8n6mq$3tv07$3@dont-email.me>
 <v8o14v$30uf$1@dont-email.me>
 <950d4eed7965040e841a970d48d5b6f417ff43dc@i2pn2.org>
 <v8oj1n$6kik$3@dont-email.me> <v8pvke$ih0a$1@dont-email.me>
 <4-qdnbdw1JzlRS37nZ2dnZfqlJydnZ2d@giganews.com>
 <v8v7p3$29r2r$1@dont-email.me> <v8vub1$32fso$14@dont-email.me>
 <1e1fa9bc4bbc00aa65c1a7974bd1bda87687c92b@i2pn2.org>
 <v90di8$38oni$1@dont-email.me>
 <47a76378d634bf0db4017f879d0160793b57125e@i2pn2.org>
 <v9161o$3gaju$1@dont-email.me>
 <b84374e766c199e1ba38ef1dc3bc8f6ab2c39dfc@i2pn2.org>

On 8/7/2024 8:22 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> But it doesn't, as a correct simulation of a DDD that calls an HHH
>>> that returns will stop running,
>>
>> I really think that you must be a liar here because
>> you have known this for years:
>>
>> On 8/2/2024 11:32 PM, Jeff Barnett wrote:
>>  > ...In some formulations, there are specific states
>>  >    defined as "halting states" and the machine only
>>  >    halts if either the start state is a halt state...
>>
>>  > ...these and many other definitions all have
>>  >    equivalent computing prowess...
>>
>> Anyone that knows C knows that DDD correctly simulated
>> by any HHH cannot possibly reach its "return" {halt state}.
>>

> But the problem is that you HHH ODESN'T correctly emulate the DDD it is
> given, because it aborts its emulation.

Each HHH of every HHH that can possibly exist definitely
*emulates zero to infinity instructions correctly* In
none of these cases does the emulated DDD ever reach
its "return" instruction halt state.

*There are no double-talk weasel words around this*
*There are no double-talk weasel words around this*
*There are no double-talk weasel words around this*

Everyone can tell that Richard is trying to get way
with disagreeing with a tautology.

No one will accept that when
*zero to infinity instructions are emulated correctly*
"that some instructions are not emulated correctly".
*Richard finally loses*