Article <v933m4$5kjd$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v933m4$5kjd$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Fred. Zwarts" <F.Zwarts@HetNet.nl>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: HHH maps its input to the behavior specified by it --- never
 reaches its halt state
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2024 20:44:18 +0200

Op 08.aug.2024 om 15:15 schreef olcott:
> On 8/8/2024 3:24 AM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:

>>> *According to an incorrect criteria of correct*
>>> You keep trying to get away with disagreeing with
>>> the semantics of the x86 language. *That is not allowed*
>>>
>> Again accusations without evidence.
>> We proved that HHH deviated from the semantics of the x86 language by
>> skipping the last few instructions of a halting program.
>
> void DDD()
> {
>    HHH(DDD);
>    return;
> }
>
> Each HHH of every HHH that can possibly exist definitely
> *emulates zero to infinity instructions correctly* In
> none of these cases does the emulated DDD ever reach
> its "return" instruction halt state.
>
> *There are no double-talk weasel words around this*
> *There are no double-talk weasel words around this*
> *There are no double-talk weasel words around this*

Indeed. And this correctly proves that the simulation failed, not
because of an instruction simulated incorrectly, but because
instructions are skipped. In particular the instructions of the last
cycle of the simulation, after which HHH would return and DDD would
return are skipped.
But HHH is programmed to abort one cycle before the end of the program.
Your claims correctly prove that this is true.
HHH cannot possibly simulate *itself* correctly up to the end.

*There are no double-talk weasel words around this*
*There are no double-talk weasel words around this*
*There are no double-talk weasel words around this*

> There is no need to show any execution trace at the x86 level
> every expert in the C language sees that the emulated DDD
> cannot possibly reaches its "return" instruction halt state.

Indeed. This correctly proves that the simulation is incomplete and
incorrect.
HHH cannot possibly simulate *itself* correctly up to the end.

*There are no double-talk weasel words around this*
*There are no double-talk weasel words around this*
*There are no double-talk weasel words around this*

> Every rebuttal that anyone can possibly make is necessarily
> erroneous because the first paragraph is a tautology.

Indeed. And this correctly proves that the simulation is incomplete and,
therefore, incorrect.