Article <v940uh$hqmp$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v940uh$hqmp$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: HHH maps its input to the behavior specified by it --- never
 reaches its halt state ---
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2024 22:03:44 -0500

On 8/8/2024 9:52 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 8/8/24 9:15 AM, olcott wrote:
>>
>> void DDD()
>> {
>>    HHH(DDD);
>>    return;
>> }
>>
>> Each HHH of every HHH that can possibly exist definitely
>> *emulates zero to infinity instructions correctly* In
>> none of these cases does the emulated DDD ever reach
>> its "return" instruction halt state.
>>
>> *There are no double-talk weasel words around this*
>> *There are no double-talk weasel words around this*
>> *There are no double-talk weasel words around this*
>>
>> There is no need to show any execution trace at the x86 level
>> every expert in the C language sees that the emulated DDD
>> cannot possibly reaches its "return" instruction halt state.
>>
>> Every rebuttal that anyone can possibly make is necessarily
>> erroneous because the first paragraph is a tautology.
>>

> Nope, it is a lie based on comfusing the behavior of DDD which is what
> "Halting" is.

Finally something besides
the strawman deception,
disagreeing with a tautology, or
pure ad hominem.

You must first agree with everything that I said above
before we can get to this last and final point that it
not actually directly referenced above.

*Two key facts*
(a) The "return" instruction is the halt state of DDD.
(b) DDD correctly emulated by any HHH never reaches this state.

Until you agree to these two points I will continue to
point out that you are trying to disagree with a tautology.