Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v97jkv$118im$1@solani.org>

From: Mild Shock <janburse@fastmail.fm>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Subject: Re: Is Scryer Prologs failure measurable? (Was: Holy Grail makes
 People Disappear)
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2024 13:41:21 +0200

Hi,

Currently I have first hand experience how
difficult it is to model single treaded async
on top of multi-threaded Prolog,

since I want to bring Dogelog Player async
also to formerly Jekejeke Prolog. It wasn't
so much a problem in the Dogelog Player for

Java version, since I could replicate the
JavaScript design. But it is a little
nasty in the formerly Jekejeke Prolog case,

since Thread identity from multi-threaded
Prolog and Task identity from single treaded
async are not the same, you have to dig

deeper into stackfull and stackless coroutines,
to get the Task identity notion correctly.
I wasn't able to do it yet for formerly

Jekejeke Prolog, there is still a pending ticket.

Bye