Article <v9dsjc$3fa3o$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v9dsjc$3fa3o$1@dont-email.me>

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Too bad nospam can't see this: Apple adds call recording to iOS
 18
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2024 13:50:52 -0700
 <v8pedc$14gob$1@news.mixmin.net> <v8v20r$281td$2@dont-email.me>
 <lcOcnQk0BcyX9Sj7nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com> <v979f1$h7ef$1@dont-email.me>
 <v993a3$105ka$1@dont-email.me> <v99tlt$274vt$1@dont-email.me>
 <v9a3r0$12h97$1@solani.org> <v9c3l3$34l19$1@dont-email.me>
 <xn0oph1kt3z6flm000@reader443.eternal-september.org>
 <v9d7oo$3bb12$1@dont-email.me>
 <xn0oph7l647atky002@reader443.eternal-september.org>
 <v9db8h$3c4g7$1@dont-email.me>
 <xn0oph9ty4aeib1004@reader443.eternal-september.org>
 <v9dg6r$3caij$4@dont-email.me>
 <xn0ophayo4bwa4a005@reader443.eternal-september.org>
 <v9djof$3cajp$2@dont-email.me> <v9dp7f$14d1j$1@solani.org>

On 2024-08-12 12:53, badgolferman wrote:
> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>>> Well, all those doctors declared these people back from the dead.  That
>>> contradicts the original declaration that no one recovers from the
>>> death.
>>
>> All the doctors who didn't have the tools to determine if there was
>> brain activity declared people dead and they weren't dead eithers.
>>
>> No one recovers from being actually dead.
>>
>> People DO recover from being declared dead.
>>
>> Is that simple enough for you?
>>
>> A doctor declaring someone dead does not mean they are ACTUALLY dead.
>>
>> A long time ago, scientists declared that the sun revolved around the earth.
>>
>> Do you get me yet?
>>

> The article I posted was describing an incident from 2008. Do they qualify
> as backward superstitious doctors who can’t determine if people are dead?

They never seem "backward" or "superstitious" in recent history, but
they simply didn't have the tools.

> I’m sure you’re way smarter than they were so you can likely answer that
> question.

I don't have to be smarter to know that as science evolves we learn more
and more.

The doctors in the (say) 1950s (or at some earlier time) declared people
dead based on the lack of a pulse. Were they "backward" or
"superstitious" based on the fact that we learned that the heart could
be restarted?