Article <v9fl4k$3se8c$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v9fl4k$3se8c$2@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: HHH maps its input to the behavior specified by it --- never
 reaches its halt state ---natural number mapping
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2024 07:55:48 -0500
 <v8lm80$3h8m2$3@dont-email.me> <v8n6mq$3tv07$3@dont-email.me>
 <v8o14v$30uf$1@dont-email.me>
 <950d4eed7965040e841a970d48d5b6f417ff43dc@i2pn2.org>
 <v8oj1n$6kik$3@dont-email.me> <v8pvke$ih0a$1@dont-email.me>
 <4-qdnbdw1JzlRS37nZ2dnZfqlJydnZ2d@giganews.com>
 <v8v7p3$29r2r$1@dont-email.me> <v8vub1$32fso$14@dont-email.me>
 <1e1fa9bc4bbc00aa65c1a7974bd1bda87687c92b@i2pn2.org>
 <v90di8$38oni$1@dont-email.me>
 <47a76378d634bf0db4017f879d0160793b57125e@i2pn2.org>
 <v9161o$3gaju$1@dont-email.me>
 <b84374e766c199e1ba38ef1dc3bc8f6ab2c39dfc@i2pn2.org>
 <v91i97$3n4m0$1@dont-email.me> <v91unh$3rbor$1@dont-email.me>
 <v92gja$p1$3@dont-email.me> <v94m0l$ljf4$1@dont-email.me>
 <v95ae9$p5rb$1@dont-email.me> <v978dv$h1ib$1@dont-email.me>
 <v97j0q$ilah$2@dont-email.me> <v99lpd$25ri3$1@dont-email.me>
 <v9a88e$2923f$2@dont-email.me> <v9b4tr$2rdni$1@dont-email.me>
 <v9cvv5$39tbd$1@dont-email.me> <v9f203$3pfoq$1@dont-email.me>

On 8/13/2024 2:29 AM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:
> Op 12.aug.2024 om 14:42 schreef olcott:

>>> Since no DDD is correctly simulated by HHH, we are talking about the
>>> properties of an empty set.
>>> But, indeed, the simulation of DDD by HHH fails to reach the halt
>>> state. It aborts one cycle before the simulated HHH would reach its
>>> 'return' instruction, after which DDD would reach its halt state.

>>> Every C programmer understands that a simulation fails if it does not
>>> reach the end of a halting program.
>>
>> Four expert C programmers (two with masters degrees in
>> computer science) agree that DDD correctly simulated by
>> HHH does not halt.
>>
> Many more experts with master degrees tell you that it does halt.
> Show evidence instead of authority.

*Every attempt at rebutting this has been*
(a) Denying verified facts
(b) Strawman-deception of changing what I said and rebutting that
(c) Pure ad hominem insults with zero reasoning

Mike is the only one here that seems to have enough technical
skill to understand the verified facts. Everyone else denies them
entirely on the basis of their own ignorance.

Overview of proof that the input to HHH(DDD) specifies non-halting behavior
We prove that the simulation is correct.
Then we prove that this simulation cannot possibly
reach its final halt state / ever stop running without being aborted.
The semantics of the x86 language conclusive proves this is true.

Thus when we measure the behavior specified by this finite
string by DDD correctly simulated/emulated by HHH it specifies
non-halting behavior.