Article <v9gaup$17ve$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v9gaup$17ve$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Fred. Zwarts" <F.Zwarts@HetNet.nl>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Overview of proof that the input to HHH(DDD) specifies
 non-halting behavior --- Mike --- point by point
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2024 21:08:08 +0200

Op 13.aug.2024 om 20:07 schreef olcott:
> On 8/13/2024 12:58 PM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:

>>> It is objectively incorrect to disagree with the semantics
>>> of the x86 language when one is assessing whether or not
>>> an emulation of N instructions of an input is correct or
>>> incorrect.
>>>
>>> If you can't agree to that anything else that you say is moot.
>>>

>> It is objectively incorrect to say that a simulation is correct when
>> it only simulated the first N instructions correctly.
>
> It is objectively correct to say that the first N instructions
> were emulated correctly when the first N instructions were
> emulated correctly.
>
> Changing my words then providing a rebuttal for these changed
> words is a form of intentional deceit known as strawman.

*You* are changing words.
A few lines above *you* said:
> [...]

Here you are not talking about a few correctly simulated instructions,
but about the simulation of a program.
Now you say that you are not talking about 'DDD correctly simulated by
HHH', but that HHH only made a good start when correctly simulating only
the first N instructions.

We can agree that HHH made a good start in the simulation by simulating
N instructions, but it failed to complete the simulation.

I am not changing your words, but I wonder whether you remember and
understand your own words.