Article <v9lctd$10n7m$5@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v9lctd$10n7m$5@dont-email.me>

From: Zen Cycle <funkmaster@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: RE: Re: Fine Tuning Shifting
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2024 13:12:13 -0400

On 8/15/2024 12:34 PM, cyclintom wrote:
>  That Flunky whose statements have been shown as a fake on a video I referenced before

You wrote that there was a video you saw. You didn't give a link to it.
That's as valid as me referencing the bodycam footage of your drunk
driving arrest.

> (you HAVE to cut power to shift old friction shifting freewheel bikes

I've stated repeatedly it's recommended that you reduce power or 'soft
pedal'. You're the one that wrote "stop pedaling".

> because they iused straight cut gears

<sigh>
no, dumbass, that isn't why. You soft pedal to reduce the load on the
chain as it transitions. PLacing too high of a load at the wrong moment
can cause the chain to skip or twist, both of which can cause breakage.
It's less of an issue with modern drive trains because the distance the
chain moves during the transition is smaller.

> but Flunky has to lie about every thing he says

You still haven't proven anything I've ever written in this forum to be
a lie. Just because you say it, doesn't make it so. You have zero
credibility on any issue.

> Liebermann has never worked above the level of te3chnician and not a good one either. He is broke abnd couldn't get a job in the hottest job market in the entire world. Flunky is working at the absolute lowest level of EE - a fucking paper shuffler and pretends to know something about engineering

How's that link to any reference showing PWM is used to test cable
coming along?

> I disagree with Andrew on a few points and he even admitted that shift wires have changed quite a bit over the years.

Yet he has stated unequivocally that shift cable do not stretch, they seat.

> I have noted that there is a substantial difference in the Shimano and the Campagnilo cables

Not really. If you know what you're doing they're pretty much
interchangable.

> and Krygowski who has absolute NO experience with them

lol...Frank has NO experience with shifter cables. That's about as
likely as your stock fund being recession-proof

> tells you that he "fixed" the shifting on a friends bike by twisting the adjustment screw without any knowledge of previous work done on it.

I have as well, it doesn't take much to diagnose a shifting issue down
to the barrel adjuster needing a tweak. As long as it was set up
correctly initially, any previous work isn't really relevant.

> Krygowski perhaps you can tell us everything you know about 11 and 12 speed systems? Make it as clear as if you were teaching your students so that we can see the sort of teaching you believed you were accomplishing.
>
> As a note - 30 years ago, the AVERAGE grade of college students was a C. Today thanks to people like Krygowski the AVERAGE grade of a student is an A-.

ATTENTION: TOM KUNICH AMAZING FACT #3,724: "30 years ago, the AVERAGE
grade of college students was a C. Today....the AVERAGE grade of a
student is an A-"

> This is across the entire spectrum of public colleges.

Got a link to that, sparky?

> Your doctor might very well have graduated from a medical school with an A. I know that the engineers I ended up supervising

You were never in a supervisory role.

> were incompetent on the lowest level. I personally did HALF of the design and more than half of the programming than 3 design engineers and 3 programmers. Due to this Silicon Valley is now GONE.
> The bed of the highest developement and invention has been entirely destroyed not only by utter incompetence of public college teaching staff, but even Stanford and other supposedly high ranking colleges.

riiiight, no high tech in Silicon Valley at all any more!

> Krygowski is part of the communist idiology who believes that 20 wrongs make a right. That one correct idea is worthless without people that don't understand it supporting it. Frank, if you ever meet me I strongly advise you to not say to my face what you're so willing to say proected by distance.

Or what, tommy? Tell us exactly what Frank (or anyone) risks by calling
you an idiot to your face.

> Look at all of the time and money Liebermann wasted going to college to avoid the draft without learning the first thing about engineering! Since he was a coward and afraid that they would draft him he could have simply joined the National Guard. He would have loved that since when they are called up he would have been able to order people about. It is no surprise that Liebermann's family disowned him.

Funny seeing a man who remarried the woman that stole all his money
criticizing other peoples familial relationships

--
Add xx to reply