Article <v9rgj6$22ued$10@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v9rgj6$22ued$10@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: cyclists attack auto driver
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2024 20:51:49 -0400

On 8/17/2024 8:24 PM, Catrike Ryder wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Aug 2024 19:34:26 -0400, Frank Krygowski
> <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> So how many times have you used it?
>
> I use it on every ride, the same way I use the extra derailleur hanger
> I carry. I also carry one of those little devices that lets you use a
> regular auto tire pump in a presta valve, but I've never once used it.
> I think it's still in my bag. I should remember to check tomorrow,

Re-read your own paragraph. See if you can spot your own logical fault.

Give up? (As expected?)

Here it is: You say you "use" your handgun on every ride, apparently
because you count carrying it along as "using it." But you also carry a
Presta adaptor, and you admit you've "never once used it."

If you haven't shot your gun at someone in self defense, you have not
used it, at least not for the reason you bought it. I suppose you might
say target practice is "using it," but even that is effort wasted to
prepare for an event that has never happened.

> It feels good to be prepared.

And lots of kids say it feels good to have their favorite fluffy toy in
their lap when they're afraid. It makes them a little less afraid.

Most grownups get past those needs. But some remain timid all their lives.

--
- Frank Krygowski