Article <v9vgbu$2rjt1$13@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v9vgbu$2rjt1$13@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Re: This makes all Analytic(Olcott) truth computable
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2024 08:12:30 -0500
 <v8t2fl$1ilg6$2@dont-email.me> <v8v97m$2cofk$1@dont-email.me>
 <v8vusp$32fso$16@dont-email.me> <v91p95$3ppav$1@dont-email.me>
 <v92q4f$37e9$1@dont-email.me> <v94l1p$ldq7$1@dont-email.me>
 <v95c2j$p5rb$4@dont-email.me> <v95cke$p5rb$5@dont-email.me>
 <v977fo$gsru$1@dont-email.me> <v97goj$ielu$1@dont-email.me>
 <v9c93e$35sg6$1@dont-email.me> <v9d3k1$3ajip$1@dont-email.me>
 <v9ffpr$3s45o$1@dont-email.me> <v9fkd4$3se8c$1@dont-email.me>
 <v9kg66$tdvb$1@dont-email.me> <v9nbjf$1dj8q$1@dont-email.me>
 <20b1dea98eda49e74e822c96b37565bb3eb36013@i2pn2.org>
 <v9o4p2$1h5u4$1@dont-email.me>
 <cd12fb81fcd05d2e112fc8aca2f5b791c521cfc9@i2pn2.org>
 <v9oddf$1i745$2@dont-email.me>
 <7f2a1f77084810d4cee18ac3b44251601380b93a@i2pn2.org>
 <v9ogmp$1i745$6@dont-email.me>
 <662de0ccc3dc5a5f0be0918d340aa3314d51a348@i2pn2.org>
 <v9oj4r$1i745$8@dont-email.me> <v9sibq$2bq1o$1@dont-email.me>
 <v9sn85$2c67u$6@dont-email.me> <v9v0u0$2qajg$1@dont-email.me>

On 8/19/2024 3:49 AM, Mikko wrote:
> On 2024-08-18 11:51:33 +0000, olcott said:

>>> That is not sufficient. They also had to Comprehension.

>>> This is added to keep most of Comprenesion but not Russell's set.
>>>

>> All they did was (as I already said) was redefine the notion of a set.
>> That this can still be called set theory seems redundant.
>
> They did, as both Richard Damon and I already said, much more. They
> also explained their rationale, worked out various consequnces of
> their axioms and compared them to expectations, and developed better
> sets of axioms.

They made no other changes to the notion of set theory
than redefining what a set is. Even then it seems they
did less than this.

 From what I recall it seems that they only changed how
sets can be constructed. The operations that can be
performed on sets remained the same.

> One consequence of ZF axioms is that there is no set that contains all
> other sets as members. Some regard this as a defect and have developed
> set thories that have a universal set that contains all other sets as
> members (and usually itself, too).

Then maybe they did this incorrectly. They only needed to
specify that a set cannot be a member of itself when a
set is constructed. This would not preclude a universal
set of all other sets.