Article <va0tks$3793q$4@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<va0tks$3793q$4@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: cyclists attack auto driver
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2024 22:05:15 -0400

On 8/19/2024 8:50 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Aug 2024 11:46:24 -0400, Catrike Ryder
> <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 19 Aug 2024 11:35:34 -0400, Frank Krygowski
>> <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> I could probably get all 11 rds off in a couple of seconds, but I
>> don't think I ever tried. Walking through the gardens, pastures and
>> cornfields shooting gophers, it was handy not having to stop and
>> reload.
>>
>>> Ah, John! First, please note that I said "MORE than 6 rounds in a
>>> minute." You gave _one_ example of _one_ gun your father had, but it did
>>> not shoot _more_ than 6 in a minute. So, thanks for confirming my guess!
>>>
>>> And as I said, that capability is essentially useless for hunting. I'm
>>> betting you (or your father) never blasted six quick shots at an animal
>>> while hunting with that rifle.
>>
>> Krygowski dishonest strawman alert.
>>
>>> You could, of course, tell us some of your hunting tales, and let us
>>> know details of how you actually _used_ those guns. But I suspect you
>>> won't, because they'll describe one or two careful shots, not a rapid
>>> blast of shooting.
>>
>> Another Krygowski dishonest strawman alert.
>
> Note that Frankie says "You gave _one_ example of _one_ gun your
> father had, but it did not shoot _more_ than 6 in a minute."
>
> While I actually wrote, "I could, with no problems at all fire 6
> rounds in a minute".

Good grief. Do you not understand the meaning of "more than"? That was
the phrase I used.

> And then he goes on to ignore the British army reference...

Because I was talking about the guns _your family_ owned. How can you be
so confused about the matter under discussion? And again, firing that
many rounds that fast is useless in any normal hunting situation.

Since you're talking about your family's hunting gun use, why not tell
us how many times you shot six rounds within a minute to kill game?

--
- Frank Krygowski