Article <va1dn4$38k24$5@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<va1dn4$38k24$5@dont-email.me>

From: Python <python@invalid.org>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: [SR and synchronization] Cognitive Dissonances and Mental
 Blockage
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2024 08:39:32 +0200

Le 20/08/2024 à 08:30, Thomas Heger a écrit :
> Am Montag000019, 19.08.2024 um 14:56 schrieb Python:
>>> There is also no equation, which could eventually be interpreted as
>>> delay calculation.
>>
>> As I've shown there is. A single step from the provided equations
>> leads to t_A = t_B - (AB)/c
>>
>>> Delay for a signal from A->B in distance x would be:
>>>
>>> x=c*t => delay (A->B)= x/c
>>>
>>> Extremely simple, isn't it?
>>
>> Extremely stupid insteed x=c*t is not generally true. x/c is
>> not at all the delay your asking for. (AB)/c is such a delay.
>
> Einstein defined two coordinate systems (K and k).
>
> System k was placed with its center upon the axis of x of system K.
>
> So the value 'x' is a coordinate in respect to system K  with distance
> |x| to system K's center.
>
> Now I use this setting and place A in the center of K and B in the
> center of k.
>
> So: the distance from A to B is x.
>
> Well, yes, this was a little bad, because I had to explain it in the
> first place, before I could use this setting.

What you "explain" is, again, something you made up out of nothing.

Systems K and k are even defined yet in paragraph 2.

It makes basically no sense to put the center of K at A and the
center of k at B. K and k are in relative motion while clock-A
and clock-B are mutually at rest. So your "setting" is setting
v to 0.

> I would agree, that another variable name for distance would have been
> better.
>
> How about 'd'?
>
> (d for distance)

AB is good enough for everyone.

> So d = 'distance from A to B'.
> then:
>   delay(A->B) = d/c
>>
>>> Now you need to measure this delay, because you cannot measure
>>> distance x with rods (at least in cosmology).
>>
>> If rods are not practical, then use another method.
>>
>> The point of synchronizing clocks is practically about clocks involved
>> in a single experiment in a single laboratory by the way, not
>> cosmological distances.
>

> 'empty space' and 'inertial motion' are not really possible upon Earth'
> surface.
>
> Therefore, the 'environment' of SRT is usually something very remote
> from any other celestial object, in the far ends of the universe.
>
> 'In one single lab' isn't even remotely what SRT is about.

It definitely IS. There are a lot of situations where the concept of
"inertial frame" is good enough, even on Earth. Ask CERN.

> But smallness isn't actually an issue here, because it makes no
> difference in principle, if you place two floating spaceships into a
> distance of 1 lightyear or 1 nano-light-second.
>
> What disturbs the measurements is actually air and gravity.
>

>>> But where have you found such a calculation in Einstein's text???
>>
>> Distance (AB) is assumed to be known.
>>
>>> And where have you found any use of the value for delay?
>>
>>  From both equation provided by A.E. I can derive t_A = t_B - (AB)/c
>> i.e. t'_A = t_B - "delay"
>
> https://ia601704.us.archive.org/23/items/einstein-1905-relativity/Einstein_1905_relativity.pdf
>
> Einstein had a slightly different equation.

It has TWO equations (paragraph 2) from which you can derive
t'_A = t_B - "delay" in a very small number of steps.

Your lacking of mastering elementary algebra is showing Thomas.

> But he used it not as calculation of delay, but as definition of the
> speed of light.
>
> (§1, page 3, last paragraph)
> quote
>
> "In agreement with experience we further assume the quantity
> 2AB/(t′_A − t_A)= c,
> to be a universal constant—the velocity of light in empty space."

Yes, he is referring to a consequence of what he wrote in paragraph 2.

> What you apparently quoted was on page 5 first paragraph.

Not at all. What I wrote is a two-steps consequence of what is written
on page 3.

> But this didn't contain 'c' but 'c-v' in the denominator and was also
> meant for some other situation.

It is. You level of imbecility is AMAZING Thomas.

Or is it hypocrisy (it would be better, you know...) ?