Article <va3f7o$3ipp3$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<va3f7o$3ipp3$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Anyone that disagrees with this is not telling the truth --- V5
 --- Professor Sipser
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2024 20:17:44 -0500

On 8/20/2024 7:50 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Right, so the decider needs top be able to show that its exact input
>>> will not halt.
>>
>> No it cannot possibly mean that or professor Sipser
>> would not agreed to the second half:
>>
>>      H can abort its simulation of D and correctly report that D
>>      specifies a non-halting sequence of configurations.
>> </MIT Professor Sipser agreed to ONLY these verbatim words 10/13/2022>
>>

> Of course it means that, because Professoer Sipser would have presumed
> that you built the machines PROPERLY, so that you COULD think of
> changing THIS H to be non-aborting, while the input still used the final
> version that it always uses,

A machine cannot both abort and fail to abort an input
unless it modifies its own code dynamically.

Professor Sipser would not have construed that I am referring
to self-modifying code.

This means that he must have understood that HHHn(DDD)
is predicting the behavior of HHH∞.

You continue to use the screwy reasoning that because
you are no longer hungry after you have eaten this