Article <va4nl9$3s0hu$4@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<va4nl9$3s0hu$4@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Re: This makes all Analytic(Olcott) truth computable --- truth-bearer
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2024 07:47:37 -0500
 <v9p7im$1p6bp$4@dont-email.me>
 <d67278caa0b8782725e806b61adf892028f2bf89@i2pn2.org>
 <v9qd2p$1tedb$10@dont-email.me>
 <4d8c7b1c69915ebbe108d7f4e29cf6172eac7759@i2pn2.org>
 <v9qel5$1tedb$13@dont-email.me>
 <43690773dba43c5d93d11635af0a26532e5be390@i2pn2.org>
 <v9qgn7$1tedb$15@dont-email.me> <v9sisj$2bs9m$1@dont-email.me>
 <v9slov$2c67u$3@dont-email.me> <v9uusd$2q1fo$1@dont-email.me>
 <v9vfh4$2rjt1$10@dont-email.me> <va1p24$3bb53$1@dont-email.me>
 <va26l9$3cvgv$5@dont-email.me>
 <bcbebf04fffc6303a7c7b0c9e40738214b92c22e@i2pn2.org>

On 8/20/2024 9:43 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 8/20/24 9:45 AM, olcott wrote:

>>> If you want to use this you should say so and specify the dictionary
>>> in the beginning of your opus. You shold not choose a dictionary
>>> that presents obsolete and archaic meanings first.
>>>

>> Base meaning as in the meaning in a knowledge ontology
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontology_(information_science)
>> basis that all other sense meanings inherit from.

>>> If you want to use definitions other that the first meaning given
>>> by the dictionary, you must present the definition before the
>>> first use in each opus that uses it.
>>>

>> The key term that I am slightly adapting is the term {analytic}
>> from the analytic synthetic distinction. That is why the
>> title of this post says Analytic(Olcott)
>
> Which, as I pointed out elswhere, basically means you aren't actually
> talking about formal systems, as they don't have that distinction,
> because there is no sense based truth to be synthetic.

Formal systems kind of sort of has some vague idea of what True
means. Tarski "proved" that there is no True(L,x) that can be
consistently defined.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarski%27s_undefinability_theorem#General_form

*The defined predicate True(L,x) fixed that*
Unless expression x has a connection (through a sequence
of true preserving operations) in system F to its semantic
meanings expressed in language L of F then x is simply
untrue in F.

Whenever there is no sequence of truth preserving from
x or ~x to its meaning in L of F then x has no truth-maker
in F and x not a truth-bearer in F. We never get to x is
undecidable in F.